I am here again to inform you all.
So whether you believe it or not, homes and rentals in the Florida Keys have windows.
That’s not so hard to understand, but what is hard to understand is this:
Windows need replacing every now and then, and I was talking to my good friend Evan at Window Replacement Philadelphia (www.windowreplacementphila.com) and here is what he suggested:
- Don’t try to replace your windows without proper guidance. If replacing your windows is a project you want to tackle yourself, contact your local window replacement pros and read up on forums to learn the ins and outs before you start.
- Don’t cheap out on materials, you want these windows to last for as long as they possibly can and the best way to ensure that is picking top-notch quality materials. The extra money upfront will save you in the long run.
- Do your research. Make sure you know exactly what’s going to happen from a to z. This means learn the general process of replacing windows and make sure the company you choose knows what they’re doing. Read reviews online to make sure they are fully capable.
- Browse before you buy. He told me there are so many different options, all of which vary in some way. It’s important to make sure you look long and hard at all the choices before you make one. This choice will last a long time.
- Make sure the manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty, this goes back to the idea of doing your research but this is important and worth mentioning.
With that information, I was able to make what I think was a really good decision on some replacement windows for a rental property of mine. Big thanks to Evan for helping me out!
Check out his work: